By: Bec Robertson
Being able to access motivation changes lives. How? Because when we know how to motivate ourselves or source motivation from an external source, we can overcome challenge in powerful ways. Motivation provides an immediate impact that has a ripple effect throughout our world.
Motivation is really just another form of energy. As everything is made of energy, motivation plays a key role in keeping things shifting, progressing and moving forward.
Some people confuse motivation with passion or vigour. And they think that motivation is all about the HYPE. Now, don’t get me wrong, motivation is a lot about HYPE. But it is also about dedication, effort and commitment. After all, what is the point in having motivation (energy) if you aren’t putting it to good use in your world?
This is why motivation is HYPE + ACTION in motion. You need to have the passion, but you also need to have the action that will keep you moving forward, even on those days when energy levels are low or passion is MIA.
So how do you keep motivation levels high, especially when there are parts of our physical world which can be toxic, negative or not life-promoting? Here is a quick daily check list:
- Remove sources of toxicity from your world (toxic foods, information, activities, people, alcohol, drugs…)*
- Exercise every day
- Drink pure, clean filtered water
- Eat to LIVE
- Dip into altered states of consciousness (what I like to call the dreaming/imaginative states) daily
- Prioritise what is important to you, forget the rest
- Lead yourself, don’t follow the flock just to win favour
- Be YOU, own YOU
- Get really good at dropping emotional baggage (shedding)
- Live your future NOW
- Don’t wait for tomorrow, start NOW
- Transcend anything or anyone that brings you down
- Address any areas of your life that are holding you back
- Feed your soul, every minute of the day (lifestyle)
- Your perspective creates your reality, so LIVE HIGHER
- Just keep going, even when it gets too hard
- Learn to read your own intuition (gut signals) and use them
Many people will say that they don’t have time for all of the above. You will find that by following this checklist every day, you create more time not less. Try it for a week. See what happens!
*Seek medical advice/treatment from a qualified health practitioner for any addiction or substance abuse issues.