How we treat you and your personal information is really important to us. We want you to be able to trust us with your personal information and know that we will treat it with care and confidentiality. All businesses, Headspace and Bass Pty Ltd and The Headspace and Movement Limited included, should be completely upfront with you about how they handle and treat your personal information – no surprises!
Headspace and Bass Pty Ltd, ABN 63 623 749 539 is guided by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to the collection, handling and use of the personal information that you provide to us.
The Headspace and Bass Movement Limited, NZ Company Number 7955396 is guided by the Privacy Act 2020 (New Zealand) in relation to the collection, handling and use of the personal information that you provide to us.
When we talk about personal information we mean ‘Personal Information’ as defined by the Australian or New Zealand Privacy Act, as applicable.
What personal information do we collect?
We usually collect information such as:
- Credit Card and billing details
- Health information such as previous injuries, relevant medical conditions, anything you want us to know about your health
- Preferences and likes
- Email address
- Phone number
- Social media handles
- Your image in photos or videos
- Marketing consents
- Any other information that from time to time we need to collect to provide our services and products to you or to operate our business
Why do we collect this information?
The primary reason we collect this information is to provide the services or products that you have requested from us in an efficient and safe manner. We want you to have excellent experiences with us and aim to deliver exceptional customer service. In order to do this, there is a minimum level of information that we need to collect in most cases.
Other secondary reasons why we collect your personal information are:
- Processing your payment
- For marketing and promotional purposes
- For research related to providing exceptional experiences and customer service
- To document our events and activities (by video, photos, social media stores/live feeds etc) for promotional and marketing purposes
- To investigate and respond to complaints and queries including regulatory, insurance and legal matters
- To meet our legal and regulatory obligations including but not limited to insurance matters
- To develop our business relationships and networks
Where do we collect your personal information from?
We collect your personal information via a variety of channels including:
- Face to face
- Paper forms
- Over the phone
- Your health providers and treating practitioners (where you have provided consent for them to do so)
- Social media
- Email, SMS or other electronic forms of communication that are used to communicate with us
- From our business partners
- Vimeo OTT
We try to collect your personal information from you directly. But sometimes we also collect personal information about you from another person or organisation, eg, if someone buys a The Headspace and Bass Movement product or service for you or where you have asked your doctor or treating practitioner to provide us with information about your medical or health conditions.
How do we handle your personal information?
It is our aim to keep your personal information safe and secure so we take reasonable steps to do that.
What about marketing
If you ever have any concerns about use of your personal information by us for marketing purposes, please contact us directly (see contact details below). We will only use your personal information for email marketing if you have consented. You can unsubscribe from such communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe function in the email.
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our services, products and upcoming events that we think would be of interest to you. We will usually do this via social media or personal messaging functions where we have an existing relationship with you or you have made a direct inquiry to us. You can let us know at anytime if you do not wish to receive this type of information from us.
If you attend our classes and/or events, you may be photographed or videoed whilst you are at the event or participating in the class. Unless you tell us otherwise, we may use photos or videos that include your image for promotional or marketing purposes including on marketing material and/or our website or social media.
Who do we give your personal information to? And does it go overseas?
In short, we only share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where you have asked us to do so or consented for us to do so
- Where the law requires us to do so or permits us to do so
- Where sharing the personal information is necessary for us to provide the services or products you have requested from us eg to our service providers or contractors
- Where there is an emergency that would require us to make contact with your emergency contact person or health professionals
It is completely your choice whether or not you provide us with personal information. However, if you don’t, our ability to provide you with our products and services is going to be very limited. This is not because we are trying to make things hard for you – just because our priority is to provide people with secure, safe and comfortable environments both online and face to face. This usually means we need to know a minimum level of information, including who we are dealing with.
Please contact us at any time with complaints or questions. It is really important that we know if you have any concerns or questions so that we can address them. You also have the right to ask us to provide you with access to or correct your personal information (our contact details are below)
Privacy Officer – The Headspace and Bass Movement
We aim to reply to queries as soon as possible, but allow 14 working days. If you don’t feel satisfied with our reply, you can contact:
Australia – the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner for further help (www.oaic.gov.au)
New Zealand – the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner for further help (www.privacy.org.nz/)